FAIR USE IN ALBUM COVERS OF THE ARTIST / LABEL
Copyrighted images belong to their rightful owners (see source section of the page of the specific artist)
Though these images are subject to copyright, their use is covered by the US fair use laws because:
- It illustrates educational articles about the albums from which the cover illustrations were taken.
- The images are used as the primary means of visual identification of the article topic.
- The use of the covers will not affect the value of the original works or limit the copyright holder’s rights or ability to distribute the originals. In particular, copies of the images could not be used to make illegal copies of the album artwork on another sound carrier.
- These are a low resolution images.
- The images are only a small portion of the commercial product.
- They are not replaceable with uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted images of comparable educational value.